This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Unique Magazines Limited the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
- means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- means a small text file placed on your computer by Unique Magazines Limited when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store you’re basket Further details are contained in Clause 10 and Schedule 1 of this Policy;
- means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Unique Magazines Limited”
- means a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 0842207and whose registered office is at 33 Bellingham Drive, North Tyne Industrial Estate, Whitley Road, Benton NE12 9SZ
- means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Unique Magazines Limited makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- means any online communications infrastructure that Unique Magazines Limited makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users”
- means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Unique Magazines Limited and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Web Site”
- means the website that you are currently using (www.uniquemagazines.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 date of birth;
- 2.3 gender;
- 2.4 job title;
- 2.5 profession;
- 2.6 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.7 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.8 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 2.9 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.10 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.11 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.12 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.13 Cookie information (see clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by us for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to one year.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Fore more details on security, see clause 9 below.
- 3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 internal record keeping;
- 3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 3.4.3 transmission by email or SMS of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, SMS, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Unique Magazines Limited requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 5.1 We may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
6. Controlling Access to your Data